1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD from nero un-readable

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jdceel, Jan 30, 2003.

1. jdceel

jdceel Guest

I have just gotten Nero and have had no luck getting my stand-alone dvd player (panasonic rv26) and my nootebook cd-rom (dell inspiron with w2k) to read the VCD's I have made. They were made from camcorder AVI's encoded by TMPGenc to MPEG-1, using an Iomega USB 650 burner and Memorex CD-R's. Any ideas? (Of note, my dvd player reads MP3 cds on same media, but burned using other software. It could NOT read MP3 disc made with Nero...neither could notebook or normal CD player...) Several people have posted messages on the net claiming Nero works well with Iomega 650 and that Panasonic RV26 does very well with VCD's. So, is it my media/burner/software combo that's the problem? Or something I've overlooked in the Nero burning...

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Try using VCDEasy to burn because someone else had that problem before and thats what they did to fix it!

3. jdceel

jdceel Guest

Dela, thanks for the suggestion. I had tried to use VCDEasy before I bought Nero and had no luck...ASPI force using Adaptec did not result in recognized burner. I went back in and now when I select the Nero ASPI, Voila!, my burner appears. Burned a VCD successfuly using VCDEasy, but very sad that the much touted Nero cannot even burn an MP3 CD that will play on my CD players, CD-ROM drives, etc. Spent $50 for a Nero ASPI - expensive! but glad I can finally burn a VCD. Can VCDEasy do menus like Nero does?

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure about menus but it will do chapters and stuff for you!

5. aevans01

aevans01 Member

The problem with your audio discs may be due to the fact that you maybe haven't selected to close the CD after burning. The option is:
    Finalize CD (No Further Writng Possible!!)

Normal CD players will not play audio CD's unless they are closed. I don't know if this is also a problem with unclosed Video CD's.