1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Galaxy - no sound

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bjlil, May 14, 2002.

1. bjlil

bjlil Guest

Hi All
    After completing steps 1 of VCD Galaxy, and saving the project in step 2, VCD goes through and supposedly extracts the sound and converts it to a wav file. However after it tells me that it has finished, I find that it hasnt actually created a wav file (this is confirmed in step 3 when I try and locate the wav file to burn back). What am I doing wrong, Im following the instructions to the letter. Is it possible for certain DVDs to have some sort of copy protection on them?

2. bjlil

bjlil Guest

OK, heres an update to my previous post. Ive tried a different DVD and it ripped fine, but if I try my original DVD again (the one I wanted to copy in the first place), VCD Galaxy doesnt create a wav file - WHY???????

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Wrong audio file? If the audio is DTS, I think that VCD Galaxy can't downmix it to WAV, you need to have either PCM, DolbySurround or AC3/DD audio.

4. abader

abader Member

The audio isnt always in track one, so pick a different track , but some are in other languages, so just play around tell you find the right one. also when you preview the file see what kind of audio it is if its linear pcm the pick that in audio type