1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Gear Help ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Slug716, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Slug716

Slug716 Member

Hi everyone Im new to all this so please help

Anyway I just got a dvd player and for the last few days ive been searcing hours on how to make Vcds im sorta geting the hang of it but not totally

Ok I 1st convert my Avi files to mpegs using TMPGEnc

now where i get the problem i want to convert them to cue/bin files using Vcd Gear so I can burn them with Burnatonce and watch them in my DVD player but

When I open the Mpeg file in Vcd Gear and press star to convert it a box pops up and says

[bold]"Unable To Open CD-i Application files. Check your configuratio"[/bold]

What does this mean and how can I fix it can anyone help me ?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It happened the same error to me. After some try it started working without any apparent reason. I haven't understood why. Maybe you can open/close it some time, hoping that your PC configures itself fell automatically and so the application starts.
    Or you can push the [bold][options][/bold] button and play with the [bold]video-CD[/bold] folder checking [bold]Add CD-i application[/bold].

I cannot help you more than this, sorry, I hope this is enough (if so, please tell me it so I'll know which is the problem). I can only suggest you to put your hands on a registered version of VCDEasy (a little better than VCDGear, but NOT feeware).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004