1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD onto a website?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Blitz15, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Blitz15

Blitz15 Member

I video recorded with a Sony Video Camcorder. My friend burnt copies of it onto CD-R Audio Discs (is this a VCD?) When I put it in my computer, I double click one of the 4 files, open it with Windows Media Player, and it works fine. How can I put it onto a website? Will it work for Geocities? If not, are there any other FREE servers that it will work on? If you need more information you can post or email be at blitzball18@yahoo.com THANK YOU!

P.S. If this is in the wrong thread please tell me and I will move it to the correct one.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Yes, a a CD-R makes a VCD (but it should be an Audio Disc, just a common CD-R, it doesn't need to be expecially enhanced for audio). But the movie is converted with strange headers ('riff file') on the VCD, you either have better to share the original .MPG (maybe AVI compressed to save room) that you can make with the 'dat --> mpeg' function of VCDGear.
    I can't help you on servers, sorry.

3. Blitz15

Blitz15 Member

I don't understand what you meant by this:

But the movie is converted with strange headers ('riff file') on the VCD, you either have better to share the original .MPG (maybe AVI compressed to save room) that you can make with the 'dat --> mpeg' function of VCDGear.

If I wanted to put a link on a webpage so that when someone clicks it, the movie opens on Windows Media Player, how would I go about doing that?

4. Blitz15

Blitz15 Member

Just some more info---

When I play the video (which is 6 minutes long) the preferences say the Audio Codec is MPEG Audio Decoder, the Video Codec is MPEG Video decoder, and the Media Type is video. The video size is 312x240. The title was automatically AVSEQ01.

If you need more info, post a question.