1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd out of sync

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by steven01, Nov 23, 2003.

1. steven01

steven01 Member

I'm having problems with my vcd. I'm using
    MainConcept MPEG Encoder to encode my dvd rips to vcd but when I do the audio is out of sync, anyone know which setting in MainConcept I should used to fix the problem?
    Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t know specificly about the MainConcept encoder, Even though I have it I do not use it very often cuz I get much better results with CCE and in half the Time, But I can tell you in general there are a Few things that Can effect the sync when encodeing useing Most encoders...If you encode your AVI file to Mpeg useing a different frame rate than your AVI file then this can cause sync Problems because most encoders arent very good at converting Frame rates...Sometimes if your AVI file has Compressed audio or VBR MP3 Audio the audio length can sometimes change when it is decompressed and recompressed and this can cause sync Problems ,So it is allways a Good Idea to Check your AVI files audio format before encodeing and also to check the audio and Video length before encodeing and when ever possible extract the audio from your AVI file to Wav format and use the Wav file as the audio source in your Encoder, You can do this with Virtual Dub, or you can use a simple Program called "Decompress.exe" that takes your AVI with Compressed audio and converts it into an avi with Uncompressed audio then you encode the File with the Uncompressed audio to Mpeg...So allways make sure your AVI file and the mpeg you are going to create from it have the same Frame rate and when ever possible use uncompressed audio when encodeing ,If you want you can PM me with your Email address and I"ll send you the Decompress.exe program so you can decompress the audio in your AVI files....
    There are also many other reasons why there can be sync problems but it would take forever to go through them all....good luck