1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Playback looks blocky and color distortions, help please.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shirtdog, Jan 8, 2003.

1. shirtdog

shirtdog Member

I downloaded a movie in divx format and used Virtual Dub and Tmpgenc to make it into mpeg.
    It plays great on my PC, but after I burned it with Nero onto a CDR and played it on my DVD player the every couple of seconds their are blocks popping up and then color distortions. The sound matches the video though. I did burn it at 32x, should I burn it at a slower speed? Also I am using cheap CDR's, does this matter. One final question, does it matter at all the speed of the PC I am using? I am using an older Pentium 233. Thank you for your responses.

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

burn it at the slowest speed your writer will go..that will fix it...your computer cannot really keep up with burning at 32x for video.

3. shirtdog

shirtdog Member

I did try now to burn it at 4x, and when I played it on my DVD player it looked terrible. I then played again the copies I made at 32x and they look o.k. Does anyone else have this where sometimes their copies look good on a DVD player and then another time you play it, it looks bad?