1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD playback problem Need A Lot of help!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by kaliko22, Oct 20, 2003.

1. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

Hi all Im very new to this just got a car dvd player that supports VCD's so I downloaded some of kazaa and followed the instructions that are on the VCD section... All seems to go well and the disc ejects.. So I put disc back in computer to see if it works.. It only brings up a couple folders and have a lot of text files and some with notepad...No video files at all.? When in Nero I can veiw the menus and everything looks great but not burning right for some reason.. If anyone knows what Im doing wrong please help.. because I've searched and it seems no one had this problem .. PLMK thanks

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

The movies are saved as dat files. So open up windows media player or whatever player you use and change the file type to all files, select a dat file and open.

3. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

I tries that and it doesnt work? I also put it in my car dvd player and it says read error.. But my car dvd player plays vcds? so I think something is wrong i've tried a few times and same outcome any other tips? LMK thanks

4. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

to be more specific it takes a really long time to load then it has some distortion then it stops by itself..I followed the vcd directions exactly, and it sayd it was burned correctly but it also said that it re encoded 1 or two of the files.. before the burning process is this the problem?... Also I tried the other option to ignore the re-encode process.. Same outcome

5. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  6. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

There were mpg files ...all of them

7. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Ok, since they werent vcd compliant mpegs you need to re-encode them so that they will be.

If the guide I pointed you to doesnt help then you could try this one:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

8. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

So after I reencode them they are now Mpeg? CAn I burn using nero now? PLMK thanks

9. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

I tries again and same otcome.. I re encoded them to mpeg.. But the sae thing happened..?HELP

10. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

It is possible the player does not support CD R/RW type discs. Especially RW. Nero should burn a VCD fine from the wizard even if it is just a standard MPG type 1.

Regards, Paul.

11. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

no but it doesn't even play in my computer?? It only bring up like four folders
    EXT
    Segment
    MPEGV
    VCD

In EXT there is to vcd files on dat file
    IN SEGMENT there is two dat files
    IN MPEGV there are all of the music video files in DAT. Files
    IN VCD There is 4 dat files?

Does this mean anything? PLease lmk

12. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Usually the dat files you need to play reside in mpegav folder. You can use windows media player to play the dats and see if they work or not. About your car dvd player. Are you sure it plays both cd-r and vcd? I bought a dvd player once that said videocd compatable, but thats not the same as vcd on cd-r. Make sure the dvd player is compatable with cd-r.

13. kaliko22

kaliko22 Member

I think that your right because it doesn't play burnt cds.. It has the same message disc read error.That sucks real bad.. Thanks