1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ratmouth, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ratmouth

ratmouth Member

Hello everyone. I'm new here and arrived via Google while doing a search for a solution to my VCD problems. I have made quite a few VCDs and also slide shows on CDs. They worked fine at first on both my computer and also my DVD player. I thought that I had found the perfect method of preserving my photos and videos. Not so! Now, 2-3 years later, I found that many of them freeze about 1/2 way through when played back on my DVD connected to the TV. I have tried cleaning the disks but that didn't do any good. Does anyone know what is happening? Do the disks spoil after a certain amount of time? Or perhaps the DVD player has become deffective or dirty?
    I think I read someplace that the CDs that one burns are not the same as recorded CDs that one buys in a store. If anyone has any ideas I sure would like to know. Meanwhile I am not going to waste any more time burning CDs until that issue is solved.

Bob

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

sounds like you have a bad media problem, try to use good media like verbs,fuji,tyuden, also keep disks away from heat, also burning to fast will cause errors.