1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd screen size on tv too big

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by blurkia, May 12, 2003.

1. blurkia

blurkia Member

hi i am not sure if this was answer in another topic but i am posting this after checking.so pls don't book me :p

I am using the TMPGEnc to encode the divx,avi and almost every thing that can be encoded.

i notice that when i burn on to the cd the show or movie always seem to have this single problem which is the screen of the movie or show is too big. as in some subtitles on both the left and right side is off screen.

i have tried other size like 352,240 or 352 288 and so on but all have the same result or worst. Is there anyway to solve this problem??? any help world be welcomed.

thanks

2. pskim

pskim Member

What view aspect ratio are you setting it? When you use the wizard to encode your movie, make sure to select the "Full screen [keep aspect ratio]". To select this menu, go the the 3/5 of the project wizard, choose "other settings", then on "Video arrange method" choose Full screen [keep aspect ratio]. Then you should be able to encode the movie as you see it on your media player without the screen stretched out to fit your tv screen.

3. blurkia

blurkia Member

hehe seem like i forgot to add that in :p i tried that with the 2nd encoding and it was the same result