1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD to DVD - How to merge the separate files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by michhabib, Aug 11, 2003.

1. michhabib

michhabib Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been having a problem with VCD to DVD+R. I followed the instructions here on this site (which were great) until I hit authoring the new DVD. No program that I have tried seems to allow me to re-link/merge my now separate video and sound files onto a DVD+R. I tried to use a version of SpruceUp that I found in the instruction link and my friend (on whose computer I'm trying to do this) also has a version of Nero Burning Rom (I don't remember which version, sorry).

I admit this is my first attempt ever at something like this so I am probably missing the obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

If I understand you right you are making DVDs out of MPGs and you need to multiplex the sound and video back together?

You can do this in Tmpgenc by going into FILE and MPEG TOOLS. Do this before trying to convert to DVD.

3. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

HeeHawBoyz is right,
    When authoring a DVD with MPEG2 files, the WAV or AC3 audio track will automatically be laoded. However, you don't have those tracks when using a VCD (MPEG1) stream, so you should multiplex the audio and video together using TMPGEnc's tools section before authoring.
    The only hitch that I could forsee would be that VCDs use 44.1khz audio, while the DVD standard requires 48khz audio. Thus, the audio may not work on the authored and burned DVD (try it with a DVD-RW first). If this is the case, convert your audio to 48khz (either in MPEG1 Layer 2 audio format or AC3) via Besweet, multiplex with the new audio file, and then reauthor and burn.
    Good luck....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2003
  4. michhabib

michhabib Member

ok - I have the 2 separate files that I got after the demuxing with TMPGEnc and I've converted the audio to 48,000 already. I will try and use TMPGEnc tomorrow to get them back together. Thanks for the help.