1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd to dvd problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shadow09, Apr 22, 2007.

1. shadow09

shadow09 Member

i ripped 2 vcds for a movie using isobuster and ripped/encoded them into mpeg and used cucusoft to convert into dvd and burnt with nero and when i played it i heard both languages playing (mandarin and english because it was a kung fu film).. how do i only get the english?? or the option to switch languages on the dvd

2. shadow09

shadow09 Member

sorry to double post, i forget to add that the 2 mgpeg files are also like that where i hear both languages playing at once overlapping

3. whassup

whassup Regular member

Not only double post, but cross-posting too.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Is it one language from the left and one from the right?

5. data2000

data2000 Member

attar, i seem to have the same problem with extraction of audio and it does come as one language from one channel and the other from another. seems to be a usual problem?... do you know how to deal with it?...

6. attar

attar Senior member

There are probably many ways to fix it.
    I do the following if it's an AVI or an MPEG that I will save as an AVI.
    Using 'VirtualDubMod', import the avi/mpeg.
    Save the audio as WAV.
    Bring the WAV into 'Audacity', split the stereo into right/left.
    Delete the offending channel and export the modified audio as a new WAV.
    Back into VDUB, disable the original audio stream and add the new audio.
    Compress the Audio to MP3, and optionally the video.
    Save as AVI.
    You should be able to keep it as MPEG from start to finish do it with TMPGENc using MPEG tools to Simple DeMux and Simple Mux, but it won't accept the modified wav, so converting to AVI is all I know how to do it so far.

EDIT:I think that TMPGENc would be happy if the audio wav could be converted to .mp2 before re muxing, but I haven't got round to trying it.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  7. data2000

data2000 Member

yay attar! thanx heaps for the tips. oddly enough, when i read your message yesterday it kind of struck me what needs to be done, i just was not sure whether i was on the right path, so i could not wait until morning and lo and behold it turns out ii was right. thanx again for all the bother. otherwise this thing drove me up the wall... i have to study, but i cant as this thing pops into my head every minute, bastard...

8. attar

attar Senior member

I think you can keep it MPEG from start to finish with TMPGenc if you change the wav (out from audacity) to .mp2 with 'ffmpeggui', then mux it in TMPGenc.

Cheers.

9. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Since no one told how to insert both audios, I'll do it.

1) With VirtualDubMod select, one at a time, an audio stream form the MPG. Convert it to WAV and then, with FFMPEG GUI, WAV into MP2 48 kHz 160 or 192 kbps.
    2) With DVD Lab import the MPG. It will ask if it must de-mulitiplex it; tell it to do it.
    3) In DVD Lab make a DVD using:
    - the M1V video produced by DVD lab;
    - the two MP2 audio sreams you made on step 1). Remember to tell it which is the name of the language it represents. Read a guide from http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ to learn how to use it.
    The only DVDLab drawback is that it isn't free, but it allows authoring MPEG-1 movies into a DVD.

Author a DVD and burn it......

Last edited: May 3, 2007