1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Syrios, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Syrios

Syrios Member

hey..im having problems converting a VCD to DVD format. I have used the guide on this site ( http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vcd_to_dvd-r.cfm ) and with TMPGEnc gotten my new 48khz audio and my .mv1 file. The problem i having is i dont know a burner that accepts these files, so what program can i use to take these files and burn them onto a playable dvd? Also do i need to change the .mp2 audio to a .mpa and if so, how?

Thanks in advance

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try doing this with the guide at my website called "Convert AVI to DVD" you will find it much easier and it produces a very good quality DVD :)
    Link to my site is in sig

3. Syrios

Syrios Member

My file is a .DAT file, not a .AVI, will this still work?...and if so, do i want NTSC or PAL?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It should.. It's worth a try :-0 Depends on where you are located for NTSC or PAL? NTSC North America and PAL is pretty much the rest of the world..

5. Syrios

Syrios Member

Alright, thanks alot for the help...im at school so ill give it a try when i get home and tell you how it went.

Thanks alot