1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD visual problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fulano, Jan 28, 2003.

1. fulano

fulano Member

I have changed my OS to WINXP. Since then I can burn normally MP3 or data files but when I burn VCD it burns well.

BUT when you get to see it, SQUARES, and color transtornation occurs during the whole movie.

I tried with HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC 4080N and also HP9100 CRD. Also tried burning in speed x 2,but the problem still persists.

I tried with Easy CD creator (Latest ver.) and Nero Burner (Latest Ver.)Same problem in both cases.

What can I do? Please help. I used more than 15 cds trying to fix this problem.....

Help please

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What is the source of the file you are burning as vcd?? did you encode a file to vcd and then try to burn it?

3. fulano

fulano Member

MPGE1 files. In good condition. EZ creator or Nero accepts it, burns it but when you get to see the VCD this dawm squares appears.

Help!! (DELA)

4. Dela

So they both accept it as standard, thats odd. One problem could be the media but I'd doubt it if it plays back on your PC the same! Another possibility is that you have nero and easy cd creator on the same machine??? generally, thats not a very good idea at all! Nero seems to have trouble with it, especially with DirectCD.

5. fulano

fulano Member

I have just unistalled easy creator 5.x and now I will try to burn it AGAIN with NERO.

But the thing, is that I have also tried with b`s record, the same thing happens.

Or should I buy a better media? What do you think about it??

6. Dela

Ye you could try better media!! Another choice, try getting VCDEasy and and creating a .bin/.cue image and burn with something like cdrwin or Alcohol 120%

7. fulano

fulano Member

HELP!!!!

No, the same F%#!n squares and color transtornation appears.

Man, there`s got to be a solution. Its it the MEDIA. I use cheap medias, I can buy a expensive one to see what happens.

DELA, I have unistalled EZ5 but nothing happens.

8. Dela

Jesus I dont know so!

9. fulano

fulano Member

Dela is the man! Hey, need some help please.

I have downloaded VCDeasy 1.1.4. and try to burn it. The same problem. What can it be? Well I have norton on? Could that be the problem?

I went to the PC store in the corner and bought those expensive cds and see what happened. Guess what, I had the same problem. I think there is problem with some thing but don`t know what!!

Thank you

10. fulano

fulano Member

Dela is the man! Hey, need some help please.

I have downloaded VCDeasy 1.1.4. and try to burn it. The same problem. What can it be? Well I have norton on? Could that be the problem?

I went to the PC store in the corner and bought those expensive cds and see what happened. Guess what, I had the same problem. I think there is problem with some thing but don`t know what!!

Thank you

11. Dela

Jesus, hope its not your burner anyway! :S. The only last thing that I can think of is maybe the other software running on your computer would have an effect but i'd really doubt it!