1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD with permanent subtitles (not an answered question)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Taschan, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Taschan

Taschan Member

I've read almost all of the subtitle related threads but still cant get the subtitles into the VCD mpeg file.
    I've tried:
    1-VobSub filter with VirtualDub frameserving. It works with DVD subs but not with .sub and .srt files.
    2-DirectVobSub filter with TMPGEnc but filter is not opening the subtitle file (names and paths are all correct).
    I MUST get the subtitles in the VCD but so far nothing. Please answer my question because I've nothing left to do.

2. Twista

Twista Member

Try this guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_to_vcd.cfm

It should help, DirectVobSub are for .VOB subtitles, in my experience this method doesn't work with SRT or SUB files. If it is SUB or SRT, ensure that the names of both the movie and subtitles are EXACTLY the same except for the file extensions i.e. movie.avi, movie.sub, movie.srt. You can skip to the TMpgEnc section of the guide if you don't have AC3 or ogg format audio. Use G-Spot to check this, or just right click your movie file and click on properties. Also ensure that you have a NTSC avi and not a PAL avi, TMpgEnc doesn't properly convert NTSC to PAL. If the fps is 25fps then it's PAL.