1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wizardgr

wizardgr Guest

hi i want some help....if anyone can...!
    > i make a vcd. i use divx 1.8
    > and nero 5.0 the hole movie is in two cds.
    > how can i crate a message in the end of the first cd that it says....insert next cd....??
    > thanks......!!!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No problem. Head to http://www.jasc.com and download "Paint Shop Pro".

That includes Animation Shop 3! Open animation shop 3 and create a new animation 352x240(america) or 352x288(europe).

The background will be completely black but you can choose what you want yourself. Use the text tool (The button with "A" on it). Look for your favourite font and simply type "enter disk 2".

Right click on the image you just created and click frame properties. Change the display time (take 100 as 1 second).

Now click file "save as". Change the type to avi (it should be set on gif at the moment). Save the avi as anything you want. Now you can use TMPGEnc to convert the avi to mpg.

When you have an mpg created, click file - mpeg tools and click on the "merge & cut" tab. Change the Mpeg-1 Video (Automatic) to Video CD. Click add and add the mpg you ripped first, then add the "enter cd 2" mpg. Browse for a directory to save your mpg file and click run.

Now the message will be entered at the end of your movie.

3. wizardgr

wizardgr Guest

is there an easyer way to do that...?

4. Dela

i dunno i never really tried anything else!!

There is propably free encoders that do that somewhere so you're bound to find one!

5. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

wizardgr if you have windows movie maker you can make a .jpg that says insert disc 2 and make it into a video (easy)and then add it to your vcd compilation in nero but be sure to add it after your movie..

6. Dela

Ye, I suppose you can use windows movie maker but they don't have much options when it comes to quality because the program was written mostly for internet movies!!

But then again, why would you really need good quality when all you need to do is add an enter disk 2 message to the vcd.

One prob ive have though is sometimes nero wont convert the output avi file because they arent licensed to convert Microsoft Encoded video files in some versions!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2002