1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcdeasy 800mb cd problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by laudern, Apr 4, 2004.

1. laudern

laudern Member

im using vcdeasy 1.1.5.2 and i want to burn a vcd which is just below 800mb in size...Now the problem is, is that vcdeasy wont let me burn an 800mb cd (and yes i am using an 800mb cd-r)...Where it says 'approximate cd size' its in red and when you go to burn you just get errors.......

Now i dont really care if i dont use vcdeasy to make the vcd. If anyone has any suggestions for another program that lets me create chapters every 5min in the movie i'll be happy..but if someone knows how to fix vcdeasy, i'll be even more happy

oh and ive tried pressing the 'force execution' button in options, it still doesnt work

thanks
    laudern

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I would either suggest that you nero and use the "OverBurn" feature or you use a Mpeg editor and Cut the end credits off the end of the Movie....

3. laudern

laudern Member

nero doesnt allow your to make chapters as far as i know, and the credits are already chopped off.........dont really want to cut the file in 2 either as it will screw up the sound sync

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

No nero doesn"t have Chapter Support, You can get VCD easy to Make the "Bin/Cue" file with the chapters you have created and then use Nero to Burn the Bin/Cue" image to CD-R useing the Overburn option...
    You will only loose Sync From editing if you use a Crappy editor Like the one in tmpgenc but a good Frame accurate Mpeg editor Like "Mpeg2VCR" will never make the audio go out of Sync....

5. Sefy

Sefy Guest

You can create the Bin/Cue with VCDEasy and then burn using any program you want which supports Bin/Cue, which is about all of them ;-)

6. laudern

laudern Member

if you make chapters using easyvcd and save the bin/cue and burn it using nero, will the chapters still be there?

it so, great!

7. Sefy

Sefy Guest

As long as you create the Bin/Cue images with VCDEasy, the chapters will still be in there and everything else you authored, no matter which program you do the actuall burning with :)