1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDs in widescreen

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bWileyMwB, Mar 28, 2003.

1. bWileyMwB

bWileyMwB Member

I have .avi files that I want to create vcd's from, but every time I do using Nero it plays in full screen even though it is a widescreen movie. Because of this the picture appears stretched vertically. How do I stop this?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Change it from maximise by right clicking on the movie file in nero!! I'm not sure what to change it to! Bot overall using nero to encode for you is a big mistake really!!

3. bWileyMwB

bWileyMwB Member

I tried that, it doesnt help. I understand that nero is the wrong program to use, and I am now trying to learn how to use TMPGEnc

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Yes, nero does suck at encoding!!

5. cellon

cellon Member

wiley, don't use nero to encode...

do the following;

1. get the following software from the following url, http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/avi2svcd.htm
    once u have TMPGEnc and VirtualDub, go firstly into virtualdub and click on audio tab and select full processing mode, then go to file and save wav, this will be your uncompressed wav of the sound which will be used again later, now close virtualdub.

2. next, open tmpgenc and go thru the wizard, until u get to a window which allows u to set specific settings for encoding, sift thru the options, and on one of the tabs u will find a pull down menu which says "fullscreen" open it and select "fullscreen kepp aspect ratio" this way it will stay widescreen.

3. encode the film, and when its done go thru nero's express wizard and burn the svcd, done.