1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR Capture

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by tufftommy, Nov 24, 2004.

1. tufftommy

tufftommy Guest

I have a all in one tv capture tuner card and have my vcr hooked up to it, the capture card is from ATI and I use the software to record from Cable or my vcr. My problem is this: If I record to .wmv, it will sync the video and audio w/o any delay. However, if I use one of the better quality settings, such as DVD, the audio is about 5 seconds behind the video, and it saves under mpeg. The other catch is that if I play it in ATI's movie player or Media Player, the delay is obvious, but if I play it back under Memorex Cyberling Video player, it is perfect. How do I resolve this issue so that the audio is synched in all my movie players, and I can also burn it to DVD without audio delay? Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved to appropriate forum.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Before you capture, get rid of all spyware on your computer (use Ad-Aware or Spybot, or both), defrag your hard drive, shut down all background running processes, and don't touch your computer while it is capturing.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004