1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR to Computer

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Praetor, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I have probably already answered my own question at some point in time but since I am not fully familar with this topic I figure it would be wise to seek out confimation before I embark on what could be a complete waste of time hehe.

My video card, specifically is a MSI G4Ti4400-VTF with Video In (S-video and RCA) capabilities. What I would like to do is to take an ever increasing number of home videos and crap and record them onto my computer for future processing or whatnot. Just regarding the "getting the stuff onto my computer, I believe that I have all the correct equipment (I also have a TV Tuner card i can dig up somewhere if need be).

So I would imagine all i need do is install the nVidia/msi capture-wdm driver of some sort and the video-in component of my video card would be installed? (if anyone could also specify the exact driver/type of driver that would be great too). Now as far as the actual video capture process goes, I would imagine VDub would be sufficient for a simple-straight forward capture from VCR. I wouldnt imagine Premier would be required for something seemingly so simple (and I dont know quite all the ins and outs of premier either so that probably doesnt help much). If anyone has any suggestions for other video capturing programs (other than Microsoft Movie Maker and Premier of course hehe), that would be greatly appreciated.

On a last note, I have not installed the MSI Drivers that came with the video card but rather I am using the nVidia reference drivers (43.45 i think).

Cheerios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.