1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR TO DVD????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Arte4, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Arte4

Arte4 Member

I dont know if this is even possible but what i want to do is burn my 20 year old video tapes to dvd.
    I have "Pinnacle clean plus" that I am using to burn and cleanup all my old LP's to cd. Its simple (relativly speaking) Its fast (relativly speaking)
    And I love it.
    Is there software outthere that does the same thing with video?
    My Pinnacle hardware is just a little unit that I plug in my 8track player or turntable into than from it to my puter.
    does something exist that does video???

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there Artie4,welcome to aD,

VHS to DVD is kind of simple as well. All you need is a "Capture Card" which goes into your PC and has a connection for a TV cable OR RCA jacks OR, a piece of external hardware (I have "Instant DVD" by ADS) like a RCA / TV to USB box. There are a few different software that work quite well. There's NeroVision by Nero and dvd Santa for simple "one-touch" proggys and Pinnacle also has a proggy. There's always a proggy with whatever type of hardware you're purchasing too.

As the Shark said to the fisherman, "Come on in, the water's fine."

Cheers,

Pete

3. markojay

markojay Member

I am copying vhs to dvd and have no problems copying shorter vhs tapes (under 2 hours.
    I'm using an HP external burner,fed by a Samsung vhs player with a DVD Red Pro (to get past the kopygard) in the line. I use DVD decrypter to burn them.
    Would anyone know how I can capture the signal and then compress it (or change the coding so DVD Shrink 3.2 will recognize it) so I can get the longer movies onto one disk?
    cheers
    Marko

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Check out this thread ... There's tons of good information about VHS to DVD ...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/54508

... Personally, I use a Lite On LVW-5005 set top DVD recorder to transfer my VHS to DVD ... It will record either 1,2,4 or 6 hours on a disc ...

http://www.cdrlabs.com/articles/index.php?articleid=29
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]                            

[​IMG]

... I'm working harder than a cat trying to bury a turd in a marble floor ...[/small]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  5. markojay

markojay Member

I'm going to look into these. Thank you.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

7. Arte4

Arte4 Member

HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY OPINION OF THIS PROGRAM???
    PINNACLE "Studio AV/DV Deluxe version 9 Plus"

8. yoda816

yoda816 Member

I have sucessfully captured my VHS tapes to my hard drive by connecting a tape player to my PC through the Ati TV Wonder & using the software that came with the wonder.Now,here's my problem.The files created are in MPEG1 format,so I encoded them to MPEG2 usingTMPGenc Plus 2.5 & I've been informed that I now have to author them.I've been trying to author them with TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 but every time I try to add the file this message pops up "Video sequence header is necessary for every GOP in a standard DVD". Now I have no idea what that means or how to fix it.The help manual supplied offers no help.Are there any members out there that can help?Sure would be appreciated.