1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR to either CD or DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bindiblue, Oct 20, 2004.

1. bindiblue

bindiblue Guest

Hi EVeryone, I am a newbie here, and to the technology of vcr to dvd , so please bear with me, I have many VCR tapes which i wish to copy to DVD, I bought a Winfast TV2000 XP capture card, and have tried to do this process, I did capture some recording but was all green and snowy, am I doing something wrong, or do I have the wrong equipment, sorry to be a pain, any help at all is greatly appreciated.

thanks Suzy

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Read the manual that came with the capture card, and make sure that the connections from the VCR, to the card are correct. Then make sure that you pick the right connection style, in the software, itself.

3. bindiblue

bindiblue Guest

Hi Bruce,
    And thank you very much for the advice, the friend that installed it for me, tried most things, him being the pc expert, not me,, I pressumed he had read the instruction, ( wrong on my behalf) now I will grab a cuppa and go read the book, and see if i can work it out,,

Thanks again,
    Where would we be without all this wealth of knowledge out there,, (smile)

suzy