1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veiwing full screen video with AVDV

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Banzai8th, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Banzai8th

Banzai8th Member

I think its called an AVDV. The thing that comes with Pinnacle Studio that you hook up to the back to capture from analog sources.
    Is there any way to simply view the incoming video full screen w/o recording it? So I can just hook up a VCR or a PS or something and use my monitor instead of a TV.

2. turkey

turkey Regular member

well i don't know what a "AVDV" is, but for watching your analog input at fullscreen i would suggest using Intervideo WinDVR 3.0. the interface is just like that of WinDVD so it is really easy to use and would be perfect for previewing VHS and PS input. it also is great for mpeg2 capture, just in case you wanted to capture any footage...

the Mainconcept Mpeg Encoder demo comes with a fully functioning analog capture tool with fullscreen preview. but it's not ideal for quickly previewing the input as you have to make several mouse clicks before the preview appears. of course, the demo is free so you can't really complain...

hope that helps, have a good one.

3. Banzai8th

Banzai8th Member

It doesn't seem to recognise it as an input device. It just says there is no input devises I dled the latest drivers for it too.

4. turkey

turkey Regular member

oh, i did not realize you were having trouble with your device, i thought you were just asking about fullscreen capture programs...

personally i have no experience with the products you have mentioned. however, if your system does not recognize the device then it could be that the device is defective. try contacting the manufacturer for support.

5. turkey

turkey Regular member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  6. Banzai8th

Banzai8th Member

The device works just fine with the program it was intended to be used with (Studio 8), I just can't get any other program to recognise it.