1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim 8x DVD+R not recognized by my CREATIVE 8x DVD+-RW Burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BigPerm, Jan 10, 2007.

1. BigPerm

BigPerm Guest

I recently purchased a 50-pack of Verbatim 1x-8x DVD+R's for my CREATIVE 8x DVD+-RW writer. I heard this was a good brand but my burner doesn't recognize it at all. I searched through the forum and seen a similar thread but the conclusion seemed to be that the writer just didn't "like" the brand. Also, I have the latest firmware installed on the device. If there is anything else that could possibly help out, let me know. Thanks!!!

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

Does your burner just spin when you put them in or does it give bad burns. Does other media burn OK? Are we sure the burner still works?

Will DVD Identifier ID the media when it's in your burner?

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

3. BigPerm

BigPerm Guest

Hello, thanks for the post. I've tried other dvd+r's and other dvd+rw's and they've worked fine. The dvd+r's were 2x Phillips Brand and the dvd+rw's are 4x Fuji-Film brand. I tried using the DVD Identifier that you suggested and when I put the disc in and clicked "Identify" and received an error that says:

[18:31:52] ERROR : Unable To Initialize Disc In Time : Not ready - Medium not present [02/3A/01]

I don't know if this helps, but I appreciate whatever you have to tell me, haha.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

That's about what I figured would be the case. The firmware for that drive is just not capable of dealing with that Varbatim media. It's an old burner and I don't think the firmware's been updated for about 3 years. The Verbatim 8X media isn't new but in comparison to that burner's firmware, it is. One of these days you'll have to consider a new burner.

5. BigPerm

BigPerm Guest

i had a feeling, but i was hoping that that wasn't the problem, haha, alrighty, i appreciate it, thanks a lot