1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

verbatim dvd+r vs. dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ls1ssws6, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ls1ssws6

ls1ssws6 Member

ok well i bought verbatim dvd+r inkjet hub printables a while ago and they have done great for me...not one dvd has given me a problem....now i need to get more and im on meritline.com and it says 100 pk of the dvd-r for $35 with free shipping but the dvd+r are $48 with shipping....which is better? im just curious cause i dont want to spend the money on the -r's when i know the +r's have worked but i would like to spend less.....

help me out

thanks

2. ls1ssws6

ls1ssws6 Member

anyone?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

They are both good discs, but if you have good sucess with the +'s why chance it? Even though it is doubtfull you might end up with discs you can's play or use. So it is really up to you if you want to chance it and save $13 then go ahead, but if you want the sure thing then stick to what you know works. Myself I have had both discs and they both seem to work fine for me, but that isn't the case for everyone.

4. ls1ssws6

ls1ssws6 Member

i might try the -r's and see how they work out...if they arent as good then ill switch back to the +r's

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Verbatim dvdr- is what I use without one problem if you have a stand alone player that won't play them then use dvdr+ and booktype them to a dvdr- I know it sounds strangs but that will make it play in some players that don't play the dvdr-

6. vlc648

vlc648 Member

If you don't have to have the printables go to Newegg.com and get the Verb 16X +Rs for 29.99 + 6.41 shipping and a 13.00 mail in rebate for a total cost of 23.40. Theres a link in my post in this weeks media sales thread.

7. ls1ssws6

ls1ssws6 Member

booktype? not too sure what that means?

8. ls1ssws6

ls1ssws6 Member

thats a good deal but i like the printable verbs...thanks though

9. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

you can change the booktype in dvd decrypter but first use the dvd- Verbatims if all your players are happy don't worry about it

10. ls1ssws6

ls1ssws6 Member

sorry i have no clue what you mean by dvd decrypter? i use anydvd and clonedvd and have been 100% with no problems...so ill try the -r's and see how my xbox likes them