1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim / Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp (deep blue)

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by fantasy, Nov 14, 2002.

1. fantasy

fantasy Guest

Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp

50 disc package, it is said to be made in Taiwan, but in the following, Disc Manu=Mitsubishi.... ?
    The disk is deep deep blue, you could see the details, including the photo and many data from this Chinese site (the tested data are all in English)

http://www.cdbest.net/test/ReadNews...llClassID=35&SmallClassName=CD-R&SpecialID=55

============================================
    (by cd identifier)
    ATIP: 97m 34s 21f
    Disc Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)
    ============================================

2. fantasy

fantasy Guest

Hi,
    Does anyone know more about the performance of AZO layers? I've burned a few of the above AZO discs, and have no problems til now. I've heard so people say AZO is unstable and not very good in data stortage, but some say the opposite things ....

But here in Hong Kong, these AZO discs are generally a little more expensive than the Mitsubishi Chemicals Phthalocyanine disc of the SAME level. Those MCC Phthalocyanine discs have exactly the same package as these AZO discs, except that they are manufactured by "prodisc" and the word "Phthalocyanine" is changed into "AZO".

3. Telstar

Telstar Member

These azo dye CD-Rs are actually made by CMC Magnetics in Taiwan, but using the exlusive azo dye provided by Mitsubishi Chemicals. In the US, they are sold under the brand name of Verbatim (a subsidiary of Mitsubishi), Data Life Plus product line.

As for its quality, it's really hard to say. Some people in Asia claim that they are great for recording music, but they usually don't perform well when burned at high speed especially by the Lite-On burners. Mitsubishi calleded it Metal Azo for the low speed discs and Super Azo for higher speed (32X and above)discs. My advice is that don't burn these discs at speed higher than 24X to ensure quality burns.

Personally, I find Taiyo Yuden made discs have much better stability and quality. Just my two cents.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Verbatim CD-R DataLife PLUS Super AZO 700mb/80min (order code: 43306)

ATIP: 97m 34s 23f
    Disc Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

Burned audio at 44x (short disc, the speed never got that high) - initial tests show some errors at the beginning of the disc. Needs further testing though.