1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon DSL

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cliffy88, Oct 8, 2004.

1. cliffy88

cliffy88 Regular member

Im looking for someone who has Verizon DSL. I don't want the verizon internet service, I just want to use their newsgroups. I called and the guy told me to find someone that will let me use one of their 9 email accounts. He told me no one uses all 9. It doesn't cost you anything. Ill help you use the newsgroups to get games, movie, and whatever else they have that you want. I just need to get an account set up. Actually a sub account. Could someone please help me out, its not going to cause you a problem at all!! Email me at noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com if you don't want to reply to this topic.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You're a Junior member, you should know better than to post an email addy by now.

3. cliffy88

cliffy88 Regular member

Sorry it was late and I totaly forgot. I got a sub account set up, but it wont connect and download the groups. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It says I have access to the newsgroups. If someone thinks they know what I'm doing wrong please help me out!

4. cliffy88

cliffy88 Regular member

Can anyone help me out!

5. Xian

Xian Regular member

Most ISPs check to see if you are coming from one of their range of IP addresses and block you from connecting if you are coming from a different range. That prevents people from doing what you are attempting, accessing their servers from another ISP - even if you have a valid username and password you will be coming from a different IP address range.

6. cliffy88

cliffy88 Regular member

Is there any type of program that would let me in. I heard of the name peerguardian, but I don't know what it does. Any ideas from anyone on what I could do?