1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Questions?

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by elbatman, May 27, 2007.

1. elbatman

elbatman Member

I wanted to know if i can activate a Verizon phone i had reported lost/stolen? I had reported it stolen but I just found it. I had insurance on the phone, so I wanted to know if I can still activate this phone with an existing line?

2. rarp

rarp Member

The answer depends on a few things. Have you contacted Insurance to ship you a new phone? If so, they may have listed your previously stolen phone as a stolen esn and shipped you a new phone. If they have shipped you a new phone, what is the point of using the old one unless you cannot export your old contacts and files from the previously stolen phone to the new one.

3. elbatman

elbatman Member

It's because my bro has an old phone and he wanted to know if he can activate the lost phone i found and use it with his existing line.

4. rarp

rarp Member

Oh, okay. I do not see why that would be a problem, then. I am sorry. I assumed that you were referring to yourself. Is your brother's contract up, they may try to push him into getting a new phone;thereby increasing his current contract.

5. elbatman

elbatman Member

It's ok man. Well i think he needs about 8 months till his contract ends. Also his current phone is messed up and has no insurance on it. So he is screwed. He wants to buy a new phone but, he has to buy it at full price. Since his only option is to buy it at full price he was wondering if he can just use my old phone. You think it's possible to just call verizon and tell them i found the phone and i wanted to use it on for say my bro line?