1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

version 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by andrewtim, Oct 1, 2010.

1. andrewtim

andrewtim Member

Hi to ALL. i'V have iphone 3G WITH 4.1 version , is it possible tu unlock or not yet?

2. ZeusAV

ZeusAV Member

Not yet.

3. andrewtim

andrewtim Member

Thank you for the reply, but when do you think it will be possible ?

4. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

You can't unlock, but you can jailbreak...

Iphone 3G, you can create custom firmware using Sn0wbreeze 2.0 and restore using that. You will also need iREB for when itunes throws a restore error. All the required tools can be downloaded here. You can also download the 4.1 frmware file from here.

I did this with a 3G last week. Simply download sn0wbreeze and firmware 4.1, follow steps for sn0wbreeze to create custom 4.1 firmware. Then put your device into recovery mode by holding down the home button whilst plugging in the iphone to the computer. Iphone must be switched off first. Then Hold shift and click restore in itunes, select new created custom firmware. Wait for itunes to error, then run iREB. After running iREB, your recovery screen on your phone should say "ready for custom firmware" then just try to restore again in the same way. Success... :D

BTW, didn't read the thread properly in the first place... >.<

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  5. andrewtim

andrewtim Member

Thank you .I'll give a try.
    Thank you

6. SUPERMO

SUPERMO Member

Sorry to jump in on this thread but would i be able to get mine unlocked taking it to one of these phone shops who do it as i have the 4.1 on mine aswell, i have jailbroken it with the above firmware, thanks

7. andrewtim

andrewtim Member

I don't know , sorry

8. andrewtim

andrewtim Member

9. andrewtim

andrewtim Member

Hi , I'm trying to follow steps for sn0wbreeze to create custom 4.1 firmware and it's asking for please browse for an IPSW file?...not sure witch one is that.
    Can you give some more directions please.

10. SUPERMO

SUPERMO Member

It will be in your docs or wherever you saved the file to so when it asks you for ISPW file click on browse as its asking you to do then look to where you put it click on it then follow the instructions to upload it into your phone.

11. andrewtim

andrewtim Member

Thanks again, just this is new for me

12. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

-START RANT- No you cannot unlock the baseband on 4.1 yet. I advise not taking it to a store to get it unlocked as everything they will do, you can easily do for free yourself. They're just trying to make a pretty penny, from free software. They don't have anything more than what you can find on the net. People who charge to jailbreak and/or unlock iphones are despicable. They're using free software which other people have worked hard to create and not charged for it, then these people who own phone shops have the cheek to charge other people for doing it... >.< Outrageous... -END RANT-

The IPSW is the firmware file you will have downloaded from the website I linked above. What I forgot to tell you was, depending on what web browser you download it using, depends on what it will save the file as. I know internet explorer saves it as a .rar file, so you will need to change the .rar extension to .ipsw

I use google chrome and it doesn't change the extension to .rar, which is why I forgot this detail in the first place. Let me know if you have any problems. :D