1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vertical Colored lines on my new video card

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by TheFink, Mar 22, 2007.

1. TheFink

TheFink Guest

I'm tring to upgraded from a pci geforce 5200 to a agp radeon x1600 on my internet computer but all I get are colored vertical lines when I plug the monitor in to the new card. Do the 2 different drivers conflict with each other? Can someone tell me what drivers I need? Is there secret way to switch from one to another? I've only owned geforce cards. I should add its an open box item from newegg. I already talked to them about returning it but I'd rather not pay the restocking fee if its me and not the hardware. I've searched through so many forums but can't find the solution. Thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Do you have both video cards in the machine? At any rate, put the GeForce in, pull the ATI, boot up, uninstall the drivers for the GeForce, shut down, pull the GeForce out, put the ATI card in and boot up.

Once it boots up, install the drivers for the ATI.

3. TheFink

TheFink Guest

Thanks for the help but I decided to return it. I'm gonna go with another geforce, maybe the 7800 series. Thanks Again

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You are welcome.