1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VERY basic question i need help with

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fishbulb, Nov 27, 2004.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

ok, don't laugh when i ask for help w/ this! i know i'm probably the only person on this board who isn't sure how to do this correctly. i have a folder on my desktop named "my movies." what i'm wanting to do is rip several movies and save them to my hard drive in this folder and then burn them whenever i want. so far i've just been ripping and then burning immediately afterwards using shrink and decrypter.

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

After you click on backup for Shrink. The backup DVD menu will come up. Click on the browse button for the select target folder for output. Find the folder you want and your done.

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx rroettger. i think i know what u are talking about. but.....i guess i need someone to take me from point A to point B. i've been ripping and burning fine just going straight to dvd decrypter right after ripping. but when i change the setting so save it to my hard drive in the "my movies" folder, that's where i get lost. i can't figure out how to get it from there to the blank disc. and when i tried it w/ a dvd it save several files there from the same movie. what the heck are all of those! i thought there would be just one and i could copy and paste or drag and drop or something simple. maybe i'm just overcomplicating things. or maybe i'm just clueless! or maybe i just don't know what i'm doing! yeah that's it!
    ARRRRGHHHHH!!!

4. LeoLeroy

LeoLeroy Member

Fishbulb, sorry if I'm a little confused, but I'm a newbie here too.

Are you trying to find the files (folder) with Shrink or Decrypter?

With Decrypter, select File, Browse, Select Desktop (if it's not alreay selected), then scroll until you find your new folder "my movies." Click on your new folder (or double-click, I forgot).

With Shrink, go to Files, Open, selct Desktop (if it's not already selected) and scoll until you find your new folder "my movies." Click on your new folder (or double-click, I forgot).

Then if you want to save all your movies in the future in this folder, you will have to point Decrypt or Shrink to this folder.

Hope this helps.

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

OK, Frist of all even if you go straight from DVD Shrink to DVD Decrypter the file is saved on your hard drive, just as I showed you. Decrypter has an option to delete this image(file) when it is through burning. You have the movie sent to C:\Documents and Settings\fishbulb\My Documents\My Movies. When DVD Decrypter opens and you click on mode\ISO ► \Write W. Then you will see Source - Please select a file...
    Click on the folder to browse. If you do not select to have the file deleted after burning it will be in the folder you picked.
    When I am in a hurry I will rip a few movies, then go back and burn them. Just remember @5GB a movie, you use up hard disc space fast. You might also want to defrag more often doing it this way. All you have to do is open DVD Decrypter, select the folder were you keep your movies, select the movie to burn and
    BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

ok, so i had about 3 or 4 movies saved to my hd. where i'm getting hung up is how and where to put them when i'm ready to burn. i thought maybe i could just open the folder, right click the file, choose copy and then paste it. but that's where i'm stuck. where in decrypter do i paste it to, if i can even do it that way? i've tried it a couple of times but kept getting error mssgs. or could i right click the file, then choose "send to" and send it to dvd drive w/ the blank dvd waiting to be burned?
    btw, thanx guys for your patience w/ helping the newest of us newbies w/ these silly questions.

7. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

nevermind, for now anyway. i think i finally got it.
    thanx.

8. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

When DVD Decrypter opens at the top click on mode, select ISO ►, check Write W. Then you will see Source - Please select a file...
    Click on the picture of the folder to browse. Then find the folder you store your movies

9. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

yeah, that's what i did last time. i'm not sure what i was doing wrong before. thanx for the tips.