1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VERY,VERY HOT READS, I Would Read The News In This Thread This Thead Is To post Any Thing Ye Want About The News,,NEWS WAS MOVED,READ MY FIRST POS...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ireland

ireland Active member

THE TECH NEWS NOW WILL BE POSTED HERE AT THE DVDXCOPY SITE,THE REASON I DECIDED THAT WAS THAT I CAN PUT EACH ARTICLE IN ITS OWN THREAD AND YE CAN PICK WHAT YE WANT TO READ,ALSO YE CAN MAKE COMMENTS IN EACH THREAD..IF YE CARE TO..

CLICK HERE
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/74
    CHEERS
    IRELAND

Please listen up,this board the Safety valve is a place to let some steam off..as it can be ridiculous ,stupid.Enjoyable,entertaining,boring,fun,jerky,childish,insane,
    harebrained,asinine,juvenile,sensible,jokes,movies,baseball,basketball,hockey, sports of any kind or any thing ye can think of what it can be..so please lets not jump on any posters.
    Lets make the Safety valve a fun place to be and to post..
    lets have fun..even post pictures.AND ANY HOT NEWS....

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Sho Nuff :)

[​IMG]

=D

3. PnkPantha

PnkPantha Guest

4. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD EXCUSE

A man was driving home late one afternoon, and he was driving above the speed limit. He looks in his rear view mirror and notices a police car with its red lights.

He thinks, "I can outrun this guy", so he floors it. The cars are racing down the highway -- 60, 70, 80, 90 miles an hour. Finally, as his speedometer passes 100, the guy realizes he can't outrun the cop so he gives up and pulls over to the curb.

The police officer gets out of his cruiser and approaches the car. He leans down and says, "Listen mister, I've had a really lousy day, and I just want to go home. Give me a good excuse and I'll let you go."

The man thought for a moment and said, "Three weeks ago my wife ran off with a police officer. When I saw your cruiser in my rear view mirror I thought you were that officer and you were trying to give her back to me!"

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Good video but god awful background music

6. ireland

ireland Active member

Patti Santangelo vs the Big Four labels

[​IMG]

p2p news / p2pnet: Want to know why Patti Santangelo decided to take on Sony BMG, Warner Music, Vivendi Universal and EMI by herself?

Because of you.

When I posted this, $2,805.85 had been donated by 191 people. Go to Jason Rohrer's central tracking page for a running count.

Meanwhile, Patti replies to everyone who's made a donation, and here's what she says:

Dear Supporters,

When I decided not to accept a settlement with the RIAA it was of course because "I did not ever download or make available for mass distribution any music files" end of story. It seems to have become the beginning of a story. I learn something new everyday that makes me realize how wrong the "sue em all campaign" is.

The most important thing I learned (besides not to stutter when speaking in public) is that most people know and respect the difference between right and wrong. The support that you have given me reminds me that I am not alone with how I feel about these lawsuits and I cannot thank you enough for that. I was recently at a point that I thought it just did not matter what I believed and that the laws were not going to be on my side. It was the positive response from all of you that changed my mind about giving up.

Thank you for all of your support.

Sincerely, Patti Santangelo

It's going to take hell of a lot of money to help Patti go up against the Big Four multi-billion-dollar Organized Music cartel. And bear this in mind - even if a lawyer works pro bono, which means for nothing, there's still a ton of directly associated costs that have to be met.

Why else do you think Patti is the only one of the more than 17,000 RIAA victims to actually get to the point where she'll appear in a court before a judge and jury? Because the Big Four knew from day one that the very ordinary men, women and even children they were blackmailing didn't have the legal or financial means to take them on.

Some victims have settled. But not that many, although if you believe what many elements of the mainstream media say, with a little help from the RIAA, most of the people being pilloried have 'given in'. But that's just not the case. Of the 17,000 or so people being nailed, only about 3,500 have actually given into the RIAA extortion. Think about it.

And speaking of the RIAA, think about this, too.

RIAA is short for Recording Industry Association of America. But despite the name, only Warmer Music can be said to be American. The other three Organized Music members are from Japan and Germany (Sony BMG), France (Vivendi Universal) and Britain (EMI).

So much for Recording Industry Association of America.

Meanwhile, I'll tell you this. Patti is scared stiff, but she's going ahead with this anyway. So pump in a buck or two through the button below or even better, if you have a web site, post your own donations button.

Cheers! And thanks. And all the best ...

(Thursday 5th January 2006)
    http://p2pnet.net/story/7511

7. ireland

ireland Active member

DRM ruins Coldplay album

p2p news / p2pnet: EMI digital restrictions software has crippled Coldplay's latest CD X&Y so much that it's virtually unplayable, says ConsumerAffairs.com.

And when buyers find this out, they won't be able to return the polluted discs.

Coldplay label Capitol Records, owned by EMI, "has installed extremely restrictive digital rights management (DRM) on the CD," says the story, going on:

"Although the disc packaging does clearly state that the CD is copy-protected, the buyer doesn't know exactly what the restrictions are until they've bought the CD and opened it up.

"Worse, the restrictions prevent the CD from being returned or exchanged unless there is a "manufacturing defect."

ConsumerAffairs.com says the DRM means the CD can't be played in "some" CD players, CD-recordable or rewritable hard drives, DVD players, game consoles such as a Playstation or Xbox, and prevents any attempt to copy the CD or "rip" the tracks to mp3 format.

"The CD's restrictions also prevent it from being played or copied on Macintosh PCs," the story adds.

EMI is a member of the Big Four Organized Music cartel which is currently using various 'trade' units such as the RIAA in the US and BPI in Britain, home to Coldplay, to try to sue customers into buying over-priced, lo-fi digital downloads.

Another OM member, Sony BMG, is currently in very public and on-going disgrace for using its music CDs to sneak hidden DRM spyware into buyers' computers.

Both companies, together with the other two OM mermbers, Warner Music and Vivendi Universal, are also presently the subjects of a download overpricing probe by New York attorney general Eliot Spitzer.

==================

UPDATE: "I've actually ripped it using two different audio programs with no problem," posts a p2pnet reader. "Audiograbber with LAME as an MP3 encoder and more recently (and much better IMHO) EAC to grab the uncompressed .wav files and then FLAC for a perfect lossless copy. EAC in secure mode with audio caching disabled is probably the best way to go for any disc DRM infected or not, haven't run into a problem yet. Also, Audiograbber, LAME, EAC and FLAC are all either open source or freeware so no need to buy any commercial software."
    http://p2pnet.net/story/7506

8. ireland

ireland Active member

Movies Top Ten File Share Downloads, Global
    Week ending January 5, 2006
    Ranking Movie Number of Downloads
    01 >>> The Chronicles of Narnia + #3 1,019,157
    02 >>> King Kong - #1 1,008,762
    03 >>> Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire - #2 991,415
    04 >>> Mr & Mrs Smith (unchanged) 960,046
    05 >>> War Of The Worlds (unchanged) 942,745
    06 >>> Fantastic Four + #8 936,970
    07 >>> The 40 Year Old Virgin (unchanged) 932,882
    08 >>> Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - #6 896,524
    09 >>> Batman Begins (new) 887,885
    10 >>> Fun with Dick and Jane (new) 883,403

Movies Top Ten File Share Downloads, USA
    Week ending January 5, 2006
    Ranking Movie Number of Downloads
    01 >>> The Chronicles of Narnia (LWW) + #2 542,340
    02 >>> King Kong - #1 534,725
    03 >>> Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire (unchanged) 526,033
    04 >>> Mr & Mrs Smith + #5 516,232
    05 >>> Fantastic Four + #6 502,077
    06 >>> The Family Stone (new) 497,935
    07 >>> Fun with Dick and Jane (new) 496,157
    08 >>> The 40 Year Old Virgin (unchanged) 487,596
    09 >>> War Of The Worlds - #7 475,593
    10 >>> Yours, Mine and Our (new) 449,224

9. PnkPantha

PnkPantha Guest

Ireland,

Would you happen to have the stats for CDs?

I remember checking a certain site and seeing 5 million downloads for 50 cents "the massacre"...LOL

10. ireland

ireland Active member

*(FREE)*Windows XP/System Tweak Guide 3.0 - OUT!
    This is probably the most comprehensive tweak guide you can get.

After many hours of revising and rewriting, the new TweakGuides Tweaking Companion Version 3.0 is out. It is now possibly the most comprehensive free Windows XP/System guide available. The entire layout has been rearranged to be much more logical and easier to read. There are links to dozens of new free applications and sites, tons of new advice scattered throughout the guide, existing advice has been refined or re-written for clarity, and importantly everything is up to date and accurate. I urge all of you to download it as soon as possible. Even for existing users there are gems of information all through this guide which you may not have seen before.

- Tweakguides.com

go here
    http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The totally revised TweakGuides Tweaking Companion Version 3.0 is the complete system optimization guide for Windows XP users. It contains an enormous amount of detailed descriptions and resources together in one free 175 page downloadable PDF file. Everything from the correct installation of Windows and critical software and drivers, through to recommendations for every significant setting in XP, all the major performance, visual and convenience tweaks, and descriptions of XP's functionality. The guide contains dozens of links to major free applications for optimizing and maintaining your system, as well as to a vast range of resources for finding out more about your PC and troubleshooting PC problems. Basically the TweakGuides Tweaking Companion is the mother of all Windows XP tweak guides and system optimization guides.

Important: The guide has now been significantly revised and rewritten, so users of all previous versions of the guide are urged to upgrade to the latest version. Note that this guide was formerly called 'The Windows XP Tweaking Companion' (XPTC), however the name has been changed due to legal action by Microsoft.

TweakGuides Tweaking Companion [Deluxe Edition]

The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion Deluxe Edition is a 215 page guide which can either be sent to you in PDF format, or purchased as a professionally printed and bound book. Find out more about the Deluxe Edition.

TweakGuides Tweaking Companion [Regular Edition]

To download the free 175 page PDF Regular Edition of the TweakGuides Tweaking Companion, click the button below:

Filename: TGTC_3.0.zip

Version: 3.00

Last Updated: 5 January 2006

Size: 1.9MB

Cost: Free

When downloading this file please be patient, the site may be quite slow due to heavy demand for the guide. Once downloaded, extract the TweakingCompanion_3.0.pdf file from the .zip file and use Acrobat Reader software to read and print the document. Note: you must use Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to open the PDF file otherwise you will receive an error message. If you don't have Acrobat Reader you can get it for free by clicking the button below:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  11. ireland

ireland Active member

*(FREE)*

WTF..........WTF (What's This File) is a simple method of checking what's running on your machine, researching any Task found, and then ending the Task if required. Best of all, unlike many tools in it's class, you don't need to study a large manual to use it. WTF is freeware, includes an installer/uninstaller and like all RCMedia Services applications, does not contain any spyware, adware or backdoor nonsense of any kind (but the site does play an obnoxious sound file when you go there).....(free).....GO THERE!

12. ireland

ireland Active member

A LOVE LETTER TO THE MODS

THE ULTIMATE FLAME LETTER

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum and I wish you would go away.

You're a putrescence mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating fool, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-retarded, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.

I Hope This Helps...

13. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ireland dont take this the wrong way but why was the bruce lee thread closed.i thought the safety value was to talk about anything?????????even you said that in your first post.

14. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Remember the 2pac thread??

That's why the Bruce Lee thread was closed

15. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Ireland you seem to know everything

16. ireland

ireland Active member

for the mods that are alway's checking threads no need to stop and go,now ye movement can be done on the go
    [​IMG]

17. ireland

ireland Active member

THIS CAR HAS A DARN GOOD BLOWER ON IT...
    [​IMG]

18. ireland

ireland Active member

any one want to be next to have a hit on this.
    [​IMG]

19. ireland

ireland Active member

Q&A: Microsoft exec explains the early WMF patch release

wmfMicrosoft Corp. yesterday released an out of cycle patch for the Windows Metafile (WMF) flaw amid growing concerns of widespread exploits aimed at the vulnerability. In an interview with Computerworld, Debby Fry Wilson, director of the Microsoft Security Response Center, talked last night about the company’s efforts to get the patch out and about the security community’s response to the whole issue.

What prompted the release of the patch on Thursday after Microsoft initially announced that it would be releasing it only next Tuesday?

There has been a lot of discussion and commentary about the issue since it first surfaced on Dec. 27. There’s been a lot of variance in opinion in terms of how big the issue is and how fast it is spreading and so forth. Our analysis and guidance has been consistent that although the attacks are serious, they have been fairly stable in terms of spread. With that, we determined the best course of action was to put all our resources into a comprehensive update. Q&A: Microsoft exec explains the early WMF patch release - Computerworld

Q&A: Microsoft exec explains the early WMF patch release
    'This is what you would receive if this was Patch Tuesday,' says Debby Fry Wilson

News Story by Jaikumar Vijayan

JANUARY 06, 2006 (COMPUTERWORLD) - Microsoft Corp. yesterday released an out-of-cycle patch for the Windows Metafile (WMF) flaw amid growing concerns of widespread exploits aimed at the vulnerability. In an interview with Computerworld, Debby Fry Wilson, director of the Microsoft Security Response Center, talked last night about the company’s efforts to get the patch out and about the security community’s response to the whole issue.

[View more Windows WMF vulnerability coverage] What prompted the release of the patch on Thursday after Microsoft initially announced that it would be releasing it only next Tuesday? There has been a lot of discussion and commentary about the issue since it first surfaced on Dec. 27. There’s been a lot of variance in opinion in terms of how big the issue is and how fast it is spreading and so forth. Our analysis and guidance has been consistent that although the attacks are serious, they have been fairly stable in terms of spread. With that, we determined the best course of action was to put all our resources into a comprehensive update.

Because this is the first time we have gone on this fast of a track, we were somewhat conservative in our estimation, and we thought the best-case scenario was the Tuesday monthly release cycle. We put teams on this 24 hours, around the clock. They finished the testing this morning, and with the early completion of the testing and also with the very strong customer sentiment that we got, we decided to release it.

Is this the shortest time you have taken to develop and release a patch? This is the fastest we have ever produced and tested an update at Microsoft. We have completed it in approximately nine to 10 days. The development of the code fix actually ended fairly quickly. What takes a long time is testing through all of the complex testing matrices that we do today. We do that because customers have been very adamant that they want to install an update just one time. The other complexity, of course, is that we released simultaneously in 23 different languages and for all platforms.

Why did you call it a comprehensive update? This is a complete package, not a partial fix. This is what you would receive if this was Patch Tuesday -- a fully tested patch [released] simultaneously for all platforms and all languages.

How effective were the work-arounds that Microsoft suggested early on for the problem? In some cases, our work-arounds are more complex and maybe not the most effective means of protection. In this case, we had a workaround that was effective on the enterprise side but not the best for consumers.

What do you think in general of the security community’s response to this whole issue. Did it help or detract from your ability to get the real story out as far as the seriousness of the flaw was concerned? Our analysis remains consistent that the threat of infection had been contained and was not spreading rapidly. The data supports that, and we certainly expect that once all of the data is in, the statistical analysis will support that. In these situations, there is always a lot of information that is flowing around. In some cases, there is some misinformation; in some cases, information is being provided for self-serving reasons by individuals or organizations trying to draw attention to themselves. All of that chatter makes it difficult for customers to know what authoratitive source to put their confidence in.

At Microsoft, we want to be authoratitive, clear, consistent and transparent. With this issue, we have maintained active communication; we have always tried to be open and transparent. There are times when our guidance may be in conflict with some of the more inflammatory things you hear in newsgroups and press headlines. But if anyone was to do a backward look, you will see our guidance is always based very much on data and very much on analysis with the customer interest in mind.

For more on the WMF vulnerability, see:

* "Update: Microsoft releases WMF patch"
    * "WMF FAQ: What you need to know"
    * "Pre-release Microsoft patch for WMF flaw leaked"
    * Computerworld's WMF continuing coverage page

http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,107522,00.html?source=x73

20. ireland

ireland Active member

animated water reflection freeware

* Sqirlz Water Reflections is a way of adding pools of water to an image or AVI video.

* The pools can be animated to give gentle rippling reflections of the scene above them.

* Choose from a variety of ripples, and control details such as wave size and perspective.

Its FREE...and is only a small download, plus there is a tutorial to on the web page as well....
    http://www.xiberpix.com/SqirlzReflect.html

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006