1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vetern hacker/modder new to the iphone scene quick question.

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by avengerz, Jul 7, 2010.

1. avengerz

avengerz Member

My wife just got herself the new iphone 4g and wants me to unlock/jailbreak it for her. I've spent some time researching it on the web before I submitted to bein a noob and posting for help. The way I see it after searching is that there isn't a jailbreak software out yet for the 4g, so if there is and maybe I didn't look hard enough can someone tell me who makes it and what it's called and i should be able to search and find it from there.

I jailbroke a 3g on os4.0 already so I'm not totally new to this but I've modded/hacked everything from a xbox 360 all the way back to my playstation 1 days. So any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Yup. It's out. Been out. There are compatibility issues on some mods and apps, but all in all, the dev teams are working hard and releasing good stuff! I hit http://i4iphones.info and thebigboss.org to get closer to the pulse of the community. If you are on 4.0.2, though, the current web-based "jailbreakme" exploit won't work. I think there are two other routes the dev team is working on. We shall see.

I run the I4 with 4.0.1 and love it. There are certain things that aren't quite as polished as the stuff for 3.1.2, but it is what it is. :)

3. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Whoops! Just looked at the date. I am a dork.

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

that would be a matter of other peoples opinion, he he lol :)