1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VFAPI Codec V105

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by caj27, Feb 16, 2005.

1. caj27

caj27 Member

I'm trying to use this program (VFAPI Codec V105) to do whatever it does. Unfortunately, I don't see any English printed here. I clicked what I thought were the correct buttons, according to the afterdawn.com guide. I observed the file with an increasing percentage status done to the left of it. The percentage status eventually became "????????" like it had been before. I then tried to use CDEx, but I couldn't locate the WAV files, and in fact, the version of CDEx that I have doesn't seem to have the same options as the afterdawn.com guide for making dvds to divx. I guessed that the equivalent option was "convert wav files to compressed audio files."

I've never succesfully backuped up a DVD to DIVX.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If you are encoding with DivX then I would highly recommend that you don't use VFAPI.

DVD = YV12
    DivX = YV12
    VFAPI = RGB24

So that means YV12-->RGB24-->YV12. Much better to keep the entire process in YV12. Checkout AVISynth/DGIndex instead.

3. caj27

caj27 Member

OK, so I downloaded Avisynth2, and I have no idea how to use it. It says something about scripts and there appears to be no GUI. If I had a step-by-step guide for using it maybe I could, but the instructions seem to be to much for me to digest. It would take me weeks and weeks to figure out how to use it, much less figure out what I actually need the program to do. I don't know what avisynth2 or vfapi codec v105 are used for very much. I think it has something to do with ripping the audio out of the VOB files. Am I right? Is there a guide online somewhere on how to use these programs? Why does afterdawn.com instruct me to use vfapi if it doesn't work? Could I get a version of it in English, somewhere? I just used the afterdawn link to download it. I have ac3 files. What are those? I thought I was supposed to have wav files.
    I'm very confused about how this process is even supposed to go. I'm reading the guide very carefully, and I'm following every step word-for-word like a blind-folded tight-rope walker.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

take a look at the guide section,
    avisynth for the scripting impaired.

there're script generators out there.

doom9 made a great guide
    http://www.doom9.org/

for automation try autoGK

5. jub.jub

jub.jub Member

caj27 - You're trying to do what I've been trying to do - follow a guide to get DVD to avi, I think?

Well give up on this guide (the clue is the last update date) and go over to doom9 and have a look at the guide for GordianKnot (you'll need to download the GKnot rippack and system pack first).

This is the best way to start - after configuring, it's pretty much all automated, the guide is detailed, up to date, and it works - I've just used it:)