1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VFAPIConvert error

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by aaron23, Oct 6, 2004.

1. aaron23

aaron23 Member

I have been converting DVD's to Xvid using one of your guides from this site: "Copy your DVD to XviD with AC3 surround sound", it has worked perfectly several times. After i have decrypted and saved a project using DVD2AVI, the D2V file will not open using VFAPIConvert and i get a "VFAPI Reader Codec" error message: "???? C:\movie.d2v ??????.". i have also noticed when I select add job and try and choose a file there is no file type stated at the bottom of the open file.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Aaron

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Dunno Aaron, sometimes the program versions change and those guides grow a little stale...
    DVD2AVI is called DGIndex now (still creates a *.D2V file though).
    GordianKnot has DGIndex built in, and wants to open your D2V file and frameserve it, via AVISynth, to VDubMod using advanced error-correction capabilities.
    If you are used to having full control, and doing things manually, you will adore GordianKnot :)
    If, on the other hand, you want things to be even more automatic, there is always AutoGK...
    I recommend the latest GordianKnot
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/gordian_knot.cfm
    and, if you already have your XviD codec and audio codecs or whatever (incl AC3Filter for playback) you should be okay to go.
    They also offer a GKnot system pack (for people without codecs) which you may not need.
    GKnot will make beautiful 1400MB backups with AC3 for you - it will even offer to split into 2 x 700MB files ;)
    Regards

3. aaron23

aaron23 Member

thanks mate, i will give gordiannknot a go :)