1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA problems, no visul on screen

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by uponthis, Feb 13, 2007.

1. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Ok, i'ma ask anyone who wants to take a shot at this before i end up having to drive an hour to the nearest BestBuy to have them fix this.I put in a pic-e ati radeon X1300. Now, i checked online to make sure this was compatible with my Vista system, box the card came in say's nothing for Vista ( http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T5082 )(1 gig was installed for a total of 1535MB or ram installed) I tried to install the drivers for this, got past the Net. Framework 2.0 install(already installed) Then came to the message screen that said: "Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup."
    I took out the pci-e card, hooked up the monitor backup to the intergrated ATI Radeon X200 vga port and the display was large (not the regular 1280 x 1024 resultion) I had disabled the intergrated graphics and tried again. Hooked up the ATI X1300 pci-e, and still got the same screen wanted setup a standard VGA driver. Got tired of screwing with this and decided to turn off the puter and goto bed. This morning, the computer would turn on but i got nothing to come up on the monitor at all!
    Tried a different monitor and same results. I called ATI customer support, they told me that it was nothing on their end they could do after triing to help me work out the problem. The tech told me to call eMachines, so i did. The person there talked me through a few steps and put me on hold a few times. After triing his hand at it, told me i needed to call BestBuy and let them know what is going on. Called the Geeksquad number and they told me i needed to call Sony (monitor brand) and see if they could help me under that warrenty (which i thought was a lame idea since i told her i tried a different monitor and nothing still came up)
    So, if anyone can throw me a few things to try, i'd appriciate it before i will end up taking this back to BestBuy for them to try and fix this problem. Computer comes on, just not getting anything to show up at all on my monitor (it stays black)

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the monitor attached to the videocard or onboard video? if attached to videocard, try attaching to onboard video. try clearing the cmos as have found that to work on ocassion.

3. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

the monitor is connected to the onboard. The X1300 has been taken out. I will try to clean what you mentioned. Hopefully that will do something 2 where i can get something to come up. I'll let you know after i get home from work.

update -
    I took out the cmos and it looked clean. Blew everything with canned air, put back in closed case, and after hooking everything back up, still now go. Computer only 2 wks old though.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007