1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA source / dest but using a HDMI cable ??

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Vector330ix, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Vector330ix

Vector330ix Member

So i know this sounds really weird and prob a dumb idea... and i fully agree.. i'm sure. but none the less here is the situation:

so we have just remodeled a dental office and ran HDMI in the walls from the PCs to the wall mounts for the monitors where the patients can see there x-rays. the way it works is two monitors one on the desk behind the patient where the doc ads notes and then a second monitor just for the xray images. the pcs have dual video cards.

we expected the doct would be upgrading everything to HD sense he just got these nice new high res xray machines. but he informs us after the things is all built that everything is not being upgrade NOW... but maybe a year from now.

So... we have hdmi wires but the video card and the monitors are VGA. will the HDMI cable carry a vga signal, if i start with analog, feed analog to the hdmi and then adapt it to vga analog monitor?

i have not yet found any cables or connectors to do this.

what are your thoughts.?

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member