1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA Splitter cord...PC and TV.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Akumara, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Akumara

Akumara Member

Hey

I just recently purchased a VGA splitter cord and a 5m VGA to VGA cord with re-enforced thingys on both ends (what exactly do they do?)

My question is this -

I have the splitter cord connected to my computer, and on 1 end of the split i have my CRT PC monitor, the other I have my 42" LCD with a VGA input.

It works fine, the display on the TV is wonderful. But on both displays, there is a very faint see-through line (it's hard to explain) but yea, it's not very visible on the TV but more visible on the computer. Just wondering why that is and how to get rid of it, if it's possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. Akumara

Akumara Member

so no takers?
    Cmon I bet someone knows something about why its happening.

3. dbuchanan

dbuchanan Member

While VGA splitters will work to display your computer on two sources, it also causes some image degradation. I have found that it causes very noticeable ghosting. If you have a faint line, maybe check your monitor's connections and make sure they are tight. Otherwise, a new video card with dual DVI outputs would be the best way to display your computer on your 42" LCD.

4. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

please donot use splitters
    if u want try like a hub ones

5. byngo

byngo Regular member

I Have a VGA splitter feeding an LCD monitor and a 32" Toshiba LCD with VGA input.
    The picture seems fine on both, however, could someone answer,,
    I might buy an Nvidia 7600GS very soon with DVI and VGA.
    What would be the best connection method considering both displays inputs being VGA and could I set different resolution for each display then???
    Sorry to hijack Akumara.