1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA to RCA adapter prob :\

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Darkhadou, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Ok, so I recently purchased a VGA to RCA adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VGA-converter...2QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41999QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    [​IMG]

I hooked it up to my laptops VGA port and then connected a composite (yellow) wire to the end of the converter and the other end on to the Tvs AV1 input port.
    I then browsed through the settings of the display adapter on my laptop (ATi Xpress 200M) and under advance settings I stumbled across the display tab which shows me what devices are connected and working.
    It shows Monitor, Panel (Laptop screen) and TV.
    I can't seem to enable either Monitor or TV and so I can't view my desktop on the TV, it just stays blank, even when I switch between primary etc. My laptop also has a 7 pin S-video port but I have a 4 pin S-video cable, would the 4 pin work on a 7 pin?

Please somebody help me, I need a buttload of help.

edit--
    I did successfuly connect a montior to the VGA port but not the TV via converter :(

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. AXGT666

AXGT666 Guest

You have come across the same problem i had a few weeks ago mate....I also purchaced the same cable from ebay and the same thing happened..the screen was blanc on the tv (yes i did switch it on lol). I have a sony vaio laptop with ati x600 graphics card, when i conected the cable and changed a few options the screen on the laptop went blanc for 2 seconds then came back on. The tv flickered for the same 2secs but stayed blanc.

I did some research online and came acrros the AVERKEY LITE.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=averkey lite&doy=27m8&source=15

This works a treat and if you have a maplins near you i defo recomend one. The good thing about this unit is that no matter what your laptops screen resolution it automaticly adjusts to fit the screen all i needed to do when i connected it up was flick a little switch on the underside of the averkey to tell it that the image to be displayed was PAL (it was set to NTSC)

Hope this helps.

3. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to check it out- cheap ass cables ¬_¬

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006