1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA vs DVI output

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by SeanZ0r, Dec 11, 2005.

1. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

I just recentley ordered a new 50" lcd projection hdtv. I have the option to use either VGA or HDMI input on the tv for my comp, id rather use HDMI, but i would have to buy one of thoes adapters,(40$ to go from DVI to HDMI) i recieve the tv tommorow, would i notice a large enough differance from HDMI, to buy the adapter?

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

its higher quality through hdmi so id personally go for it. youll notice a difference if your watching movies off your pc or playing games

3. munx

munx Regular member

also if you spent all that money on a 50" you miight as well opt in for an extra 40 to notice a difference,. i would reccomend

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

hey sean... long time no see in the receiver forums...

try this for starters, go to a local computer shop and buy one of their cables... hdmi to dvi... it's about 25-30 bucks and you can return ir within 14 days if you dont like it. try it that way so you can try out multiple cables. you may as well just buy an HDMI to HDMI cable and buy the DVI adapter, cuz sooner or later, when the FCC mandates all signals be broadcast in HiDef... you will already be prepared.
    i have a few links in my bookmarks, but they are at home, im at work now, i will put them up when i get home for you.... its a shop that sells what ever kind of cable you need, custom too, for low prices too..