1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHF to PC to DVD to TV

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by javajune, Oct 8, 2010.

1. javajune

javajune Member

I have years of movies and stuff recorded off the TV to VHF tapes and wish to transfer it all to DVDs playable on the TV.

PROBLEM #1:
    Using an ION vcr2pc, I transferred a couple of movies to my PC. then, burned them to a DVD (Memorex DVD-R). When I tried to watch them on TV, the screen said "unknown disc-check disc again" Waited a few hours and tried again - same message.

Also, these movies (recorded by me) do not have video-TS file attached. I have a feeling this might be the problem. IF so, what do I do about it?

PROBLEM #2:
    bought a VHF movie several months ago. Same procedure. This time it plays on the TV okay, but it has a little stutter. Has this anything to do with the burning speed (x8)?

As you can see, I am a neophyte! And, obviously, I need guidance.
    Javajune

2. attar

attar Senior member

A DVD movie disk must have a VIDEO_TS folder containing the required files.
    A decent authoring program, like DVD Flick can do this and optionally burn the disk.
    Load the output file from your device in DVD flick.
    Under Project Settings, select NTSC or PAL depending if you are in North America or The rest of the world.

I doubt the stutter is caused by the burning speed - although you should play it safe and get some Verbatim brand disks that say 'Advanced AZO' on the package.

3. javajune

javajune Member

4. attar

attar Senior member

Try using FAVC instead of DVD Flick.

5. javajune

javajune Member

Attar: I took computer outside, removed case and cleaned it. DVDflick now works like a charm. Took 2-1/2 hours.

Have only a couple of problems to work out: Audio does not sync with video - there is a two second lapse. Also, picture is not as crisp.

I have read all archived posts regarding video/audio sync, but still cannot work out why this has happened.
    Javajune

6. attar

attar Senior member

Try FAVC it uses a different encoder and if the source file is in sync, it might keep it that way.