1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vhold problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rad6960, Sep 24, 2004.

1. rad6960

rad6960 Member

Newbie here guys. I downloaded a movie from a newsgroup and I was able to extract a bunch of VOB,BUP and IFO files from it. I dumped everything into the Video_TS folder and burned it. I then threw it into my home dvd player and it came up without color and appeared to have verticle hold problems. I then threw it into my modded xbox and it played no problem. One gues is that it might be in PAL format. If that is the case is there software to convert it or can I extract it to another format that will play in my home dvd player?

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you do a search for PAL to NTSC you'll find a lot of information. I personally recommend converting with AviSynth because you can do a "proper" conversion. Essentially you'd just be changing the resolutiong, slowing it down to film speed and then adding pulldown flags after you re-encode it. It tends to be more difficult with DVDs because you're probably going to be dealing with 5.1 channel AC3, which needs to be decompressed, slowed down, and then re-encoded if you want to have the same audio format when you're done.