1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vhs 2 Dvd, Or How Can I Record Live Tv ???

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by jamieuk, Nov 14, 2003.

1. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

my main aim is to be able to record the ultimate fighting championship which is live on sky box office on the 22 november (paper veiw) on to a dvd-r disk with out having a dvd player that recordes directly, like the philipps 1.

I have used the search function here over the last hour and after reading some other peoles posts of the similar concern, the only option i can seem to understand is that i need to record the event using a VHS player, after that i need to some how hook my PC up to my VHS player and convert it to divx etc, ovoulsey with a tv capture card. ( i have the kiss dvd player which plays divx to watch it on)

IS THERE ANY WAY!!! i could plug my tv (sky) areial in to my computer and record the event LIVE!!! threw my PC ???. It just seems like i will loose alot of qaulity from recording it with a VHS tape fiirst off all, as you never get the same qaulity as what you are orinaly watching.

What are my options here ???? if you can point me in a direction of a good guide, or even writing a litttle guide for me would be most apreciated........ PLease dont give me short answers which leave me confused!.

Will thank you in advance to any 1 who has took the time out to help me!!!!!! cheers !

2. Nuke_m

Nuke_m Member

I can tell you what I can do and it will give you a lead.
    Hauppauge do a usb/tv input device.
    (about digi camera size)
    On a Dell portable:
    I plug the "WinTV" device into the Dell usb socket,
    An TV aerial into the "device" and I can watch telly on the Dell when sat in a car/hotel etc
    It will capture stills as well.
    NOW wether it can record "on the fly" with Nero?
    But any RF aerial input will work.

3. Diablo60

Diablo60 Member

I know its a little late for your pay per view event, but what I use is my all-in-wonder tv card. It allows you to copy live programming to your hard drive and then you can use nero or whatever to copy back to dvd. be warned that copying live programming that long will result in a huge file.