1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS 2 DVD?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by xxnonamex, Nov 14, 2003.

1. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I would like to transfer all of my old home made vhs to dvd. What type of TV tuner would I need for my computer? Also how would I go about doing this? Someone said you get a tv tuner card and hook up vcr to it and play video and copy it to hard drive then author/edit it and burn it to dvd. Seems logical but need more details. I found tv tunders get pricy what is one that is inexpensive that does the trick Thanks

2. pelletie

pelletie Member

You didn't mention anything about your computer... I'm also in the process of transferring my vhs movies to dvd (I do have problems doing so since these are purchased vhs movies and there's someting which blocks video capture with copyrighted material but that's another problem...)

Nevertheless, I've installed in my computer an
    ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 Pro graphics card and it works fine. It acts as a graphics card, has a tuner and input/output connections to capture/export audio and video signals. All this for a mere $275 CAN.

So, at this point, very happy about it and would recommend this "fairly" cheap solution.

Hope this helps...

3. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

just purchased a WinFast TV 2000 XP TV TUNER from Leadtek. I wanted to know what people have thought about using it and how easy it is to use to get home movies on DVD? Thanks alot

4. pelletie

pelletie Member

Hi,

Your original posting didn't imply that you were seeking opinions on a specific video capture card... it suggested that you were looking at ways to do transfers of vhs material to dvd and the hardware to use.

Perhaps you should surf other issues within this forum or other forums since there's a lot of postings on this specific capture card. And you should also read guidelines about postings since these guidelines strongly suggest that, before posting an issue, one looks at previous posted material...