1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs 2 vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jfjkd, Oct 2, 2002.

1. jfjkd

jfjkd Guest

I was wondering how to take a vhs tape and put it on vcd? I have Dazzle for the hardware

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2002
  2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

you either need a video capture card, or multi purpose video card like ATI all in wonder, Matrox G450 TV.. These will come with their own proprietary software to use for the purpose of video capture.. once you have the video captured and on your hard drive, then you can use software like TMPGenc to encode to mpeg1 or mpeg2, and then burn to VCD or SVCD.

Once you get yourself the required hardware and have captured the video to your hard drive, feel free to come back and ask how to convert, or check the guides first to see if your questions can be answered there first (usually this is faster than waiting, and the guides include pictures and step by step instructions)

good luck!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  3. jfjkd

jfjkd Guest

VCDjunkie:
    Thanks for the reply, I do have Dazzle for hardware, if I can use it?

4. VCDjunkie

ok.. in that case, what operating system do you have?
    Any kind of software for video capture?
    Did your dazzle hardware come with instructions?
    Basically, have you had any luck with the video capture part yet at all, or at least has the hardware been installed in windows?

5. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

jfjkd I also have dazzle. just letting you know if you have windows ME or above it is easier to use windows movie maker to capture the video. and really easy to use tmpgencoder to make a mpg 1 and then use nero to burn it as a vcd . just a simple solution thats all.......

6. jfjkd

jfjkd Guest

Thanks VCDjunkie and Wonderboy, i do have the instructions, windows xp for oper. sys. i also have ulead, i just got nero so i'll try it. thanks again!!

7. gturner

gturner Member

I have an ATI AIW 8500DV and would also like to convert my VHS tapes to SVCD (I understand the quality is better than VCD). I captured video/audio to my HDD however I'm unable to create an SVCD. Any and all help would be appreciated.

8. VCDjunkie

what format is your captured video? and to answer your question, yes.. SVCD is better quality than VCD.

9. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

wow for starts you can try Tmpgenc, and nero ...just for starters.....

10. paww8989

paww8989 Member