1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS DVD Recorder Hard drive PC

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Gdot73, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Gdot73

Gdot73 Member

Hi, i have alot of VHS tapes that i would like to copy onto a DVD recorders hard disk drive that i can then transfer onto my PC through USB
    e.g. VHS > DVD Recorders Hard Drive > PC
    is this possible and if so what DVD recorder can do it. (and i want to have them on my PC not just record strait from VHS to DVD) thanks any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  2. disones4u

disones4u Member

If going to computer why bother with dvd hard drive? Why not use a usb capture device suxh as DVD Xpress DX2 or ConvertX™ PX-M402U from Plextor®. These will transfer vhs to hard drive. You will also need a video stabilizer/clarifier such as this one or Facet's "video clarifier classic" as seen here

3. Gdot73

Gdot73 Member

4. disones4u

disones4u Member

I'm sorry but I'm unfamiliar with that product; the nice thing about the options that I mentioned above is that the devices have computing power in the box whereas this device you've linked to appears to use your computer's cpu and software to do the converting. Let us know what you end up using and how it works for you.