1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS - DVD with ATI All-In-Wonder

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by xc-racer, Oct 5, 2004.

1. xc-racer

xc-racer Guest

I want to take a VHS tape and "rip" it to my hard drive and then burn it to DVD. I'm thinking about splitting it into chapters but i'm not sure yet. My DVD burner already came with software from Sonic, which is what I'm planning on using to make/record the DVD. I need to know what cables and software that I will need in order to "rip" the VHS tape to the computer. The computer has an ATI All-In-Wonder card, i'm not sure which of the model numbers, but it was purchased about a year ago.

Thanks

2. DungBetle

DungBetle Member

Good luck, I've been trying to do the same thing for the past 4 days and have yet to rip a single perfectly working dvd. :|

3. xc-racer

xc-racer Guest

bump

can anyone help?

4. ultim8um

ultim8um Member

I'm ripping from VHS to PC with an ATi x800 vivo without probs...

Just using a switchable scart adapter and an svideo cable (plus a double phono to 3.5mm stereo audio cable).

Works a treat. Just remember to cross connect the bottom two pins of the svideo cable (furthest pair of pins from the locating key), otherwise you will probably end up in black and white...

Other than that make sure you have the latest tv capture drivers off the ati site otherwise you will only see a black screen!