1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS on the PC

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by FontaRoy, Jun 8, 2003.

1. FontaRoy

FontaRoy Member

My internal DVD player ejects most types of copied discs, so I was thinking of linking my VHS to the PC and putting the films on my hard drive.

I'm new to this and could do with some help on what software is required, or if i need to go out and buy something.
    cheers

2. commwiz

commwiz Guest

You could buy a newer dvd player, after trying them in-store with some copied discs.
    But to do what you want, you need a video capture card, such as the ATI All-in-wonder cards (there are reviews of capture cards and a ton of info you need at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvd). You connect the VHS sound and audio cables to the card to record. TV out is an important feature to get. If the PC is near a tv you can capture to any pc format (.mpg/.avi, etc.) and play them right from the pc to the tv. Otherwise you'll have to transcode back to dvd and you'll have the same incompatibility problem.

3. FontaRoy

FontaRoy Member

it's be best for me to go buy a DVD- ROM. It's just frustrating how you need hardware that has to work in conjunction.

thanks for your help though