1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to dvd... again

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by kark, Apr 9, 2005.

1. kark

kark Member

HI!
    I've been searching this forum over and over without finding answers to my problems. I just got myself a tv-card (pci, MSI TVanywhere master) and it shouldn't be any problems connecting my vcr to it. But it is. If I use my antenna-cable (there's antenna in on my tv-card) my computer won't find signals at all. If I use S-video connection (s-video in on my tv-card and scartconnection from my vcr, I get sound and pic but the pic is black and white and rather grainy! I'mliving in norway where we use PAL-B, and that's what I've adjusted my softwawre to... I've been using Intervideo WinDVD Creator and intervideo MSIPVS...
    Can anyone help me? I REally don't know what's wrong with my setup.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I believe your Problem is Due to the S-Video to Scart Adapter you are useing Because This is a Common Problems when you try to Use anything But S-Video with a S-Video input...I have Tried Numorous RCA to S-Video adapters and they all had this Same Problem Pluss even if you were able to get it to Work the Quality would Be Worse when useing a Adapter to go to S-Video, The reason is the Color Chanells are Lost when Converting the RGB Color signal(Like in RCA/Composite Connections) to Y/C (Like in S-Video connections)
    You need a Special Kind of Scart adapter for you to Get Color, like this One:

http://www.svideo.com/svideoscart.html

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. kark

kark Member

thanks man! That sounds very reasonable I think! the goddam cable... Thanks again!

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

In order to use your regular TV cable, you need to have the software scan for available channels.
    If you're using the antenna cable in, from the VCR, you must tune the VCR out to the same channel as your capture software, usually channel 3.