1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD help with video card?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by xxnonamex, Nov 12, 2003.

1. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I am new to transfering Video from a VHS to a DVD I understand you need a video card I heard prices can go high but you can get a decent one for about $100. What is a decent one to buy? I have DVD authoring software and burning and plenty of HD space and memory. I just want to know what is a good card that will be able to transfer VHS but with no quality loss. Thanks alot

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

xxnonamex, There are video cards that do what you want. But what you are looking for is a video capture device. Some are a lot cheaper than the card version. Usually hook up through usb port. A good site to browse is www.tigerdirect.com Or search for video capture devices. If your present video card works good and you don't need to upgrade, I would go with a capture device.
    Jerry

3. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I just purchased a WinFast TV 2000 XP TV TUNER from Leadtek. I wanted to know what people have thought about using it and how easy it is to use to get home movies on DVD? Thanks alot