1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD..How??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GeoHound, Mar 12, 2003.

1. GeoHound

GeoHound Member

It's been awhile since I posted in here. I was too lazy to check through all the threads to see if there was one like this. I was just wondering how can I back-up my vhs movies to DVD using the hardware I already have and without using Dazzle or anything. My specs should be on the bottom... thanx everyone_X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Specs:
    AMD Athlon xp 1700+
    196 megs SDRAM (I know I need more. LOL)
    ATI AIW 7500
    Verbatim DVD+RW
    [/small]

2. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Capture from the vcr to the card then choose one of the many editing programs and maybe a program to convert the captured format to what the editing program uses, edit the captured video and maybe add a menu, then use one of the many burning programs that a compatible with you dvd+r/rw and burn it. I leave you with no programs because my preferences do not totally equate to someone else because of the vast number of programs available to do what you want.

3. lynke

lynke Member

buy-dvd-r.com sells these things called DVD Plus. Havent tried yet.

4. commwiz

commwiz Guest

Two programs that work (and there are more)... Sonic myDVD and NeroVision (but you have to buy a plugin for $20 from their site). I tried both and prefer Nero. They take your downloaded mpg/mp2 and do the conversion to DVD format (ifo/bup/vob).